Wednesday, July 14, 2010

The higher bidder wins! Maybe not

So here its I have 3 firm offers on the table and they all range in different salaries. So which job do I accept..ummm the one offering almost $200 a week more then the other two or the job that would work better on commute time and put me closer to home after all this is Atlanta and when I tell you traffic is bad that's an under statement! While the extra $800 a month would come in handy since I am trying to get a new car and move into a nicer home, but will I be happy? The family is a nice conservative family with strong religious convictions, they keep Kosher so I will have to be extremely careful not to bring any outside food into their home which isn't a problem at all. I have worked for a Jewish family before and didn't have any issues. Then there is this other family that has 2 children 2.5yrs and 7 month old, young professional couple very vibrant and laid back, but my only reservation is that word we all worry about when the child approaches the age in which it could be a option for the family "DAY CARE"!!! Don't get me wrong I have nothing against my fellow Child Care Providers, but it weighs heavily in ones mind when you live in a big city and there is huge competition between the Nanny Market and Day Care Market not to mention its a cheaper option then having to pay $500-$700 a week for a Nanny vs $140-$250 a week for Day Care. Then the 3rd offer to be honest with you its not even in my thinking process because this family are hoarders and yes I am a Nanny Manager, but not a miracle worker and I may have to call in reinforcements for this household because its just that bad, but they are a nice family...ummm after much thought I think I may call them in the morning and politely decline because there is also the issue that I would be Nanny #4(MAJOR RED FLAG) and somehow talking to the previous Nanny may not be an option after I have asked twice and never gotten a response about this.

So after checking my e-mail this evening I have another 3 people asking me if I am still available and can I please send them my Nanny Portfolio and can they call me this weekend. Should I go ahead and explore these options just in case...ummmm...what's a Nanny to do? I still haven't come to a decision about the other two families I need more time to make a decision and explore my options better because for right now I am still undecided.

No comments:

Post a Comment